abray1115
abray1115, Physician
Experience:  Primary care with particular interest in cardiology problems and prevention. Work closely with cardiologist colleagues.
13781349

Dr.Can I cure of heartpalpitations? Most of my

Customer Question

Hello Dr.Can I cure of heartpalpitations? Most of my friends is telling that s beginning of womanpause.Is this possible. I also feeling cold during the day. I used to have some pressure/ burn sensation in my chest but not every day. My house Dr. is telling me I have a lot of stress. Can it be possible ?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  abray1115 replied 8 months ago.
Hello!I would recommend that you have the heart palpitations and other symptoms checked ....a 24 hour Holter monitor would be helpful to see what is going on during a day with your heart's rhythm... The most common cause of feeling palpitations is a PVC( = Premature Ventriculr Contraction) --- this may be thought of as a backwards beat or a kind of electrical "hiccup" of the heart ...everyone has a few PC's per day and some people have many . Often people do not feel them. With feeling pressure of the chest I think you may need a stress test and echocardiogram ( ultrasound to look at heart structures) The sense of burning however may be that you have some reflux ( GERD / heartburn) and that may benefit to avoid GI irritants ( alcohol , coffee, hot spicy or acidic foods ) The palpitations may benefit for you to try a daily magnesium oxide 400mg per day supplement ..you may get this supplement over the counter and it often helpful There is nothing of your history to tell me that it is related to menopause ...You may want your doctor to check your thyroid function with blood tests as well...I hope that this information is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questions or concernsI will be happy to get back with you If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD