Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I am about to purchase an ultrasound machine home

Customer Question

I am about to purchase an ultrasound machine for our home that has doppler. I have an ultrasound machine from 5 years ago but it is broke and did not have doppler. Mom just had a heart attack and dad just died from one. We want to view our carotid arteries and heart and see if improvement are decreeable. My question is do I necessarily need the phase probe and the doppler machine that has all the software that can handle the phase measurements or will a convex or linear suffice. I did not go to school for this and in the past used my machine to check the increase of decrease of a kidney tumor i had.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 8 months ago.
Simple color doppler can check the carotid flow. No need for advanced probe. I am assistant professor in cardiology and can help you further.