Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology

This has happened to me twice in the past 2 weeks. I feel

Customer Question

This has happened to me twice in the past 2 weeks. I feel perfectly normal when suddenly and quickly I feel like I'm going to faint. I felt my pulse in my neck and could not find one, then suddenly it started racing really fast. I coughed really hard (I read this can help if you are having a heart issue) and pounded on my chest, and a few seconds later, felt it subside and my pulse begin to slow down. The first time I went straight to my DR. and he did an EKG which was normal by then. He did blood tests and everything was normal except kidney function came back at 53. This may have been from having taken clindomycin and zpak recently, coupled with a lot of aspirin for pain. Today I did feel a little light headed within about an hour before it happened. Can't see the cardiologist until 4/6. Should I go to the ER?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question if you have symptoms of dizziness along with palpitations then you have to seek emergency care because this can be due to fast abnormal heart rate. They will do a simple ECG test, best option for these symptoms is to get a holter test which will tell you exactly whether your heart rate jumps during these episodes. Let me know if you have questions, thank you.