Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

Sinus rhythm slow, right-axis deviation, marked

Customer Question

sinus rhythm slow, right-axis deviation, marked right-precordial reploarization disturbance, cinsider ischemia or LV overload.
JA: OK. The Cardiologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Cardiologist can help you best.
Customer: Husband went for a physical. Noted increased blood pressure and distention in the neck veins with pulsitile activity. Followed up with primary. sent for ultrasound of the carotids and neck veins. Found right jugular to be 3x size of left, no significant findings in the carotids. Then sent for echo. Echo showed right side dialation within the artia and ventricle. Also regurgitation in the tricuspid, mitral,and pulmoic valves. Also noted increased pressure in the right side heart area. Also noted discoloration in both hands.
JA: I'm sure it's really worrying even thinking you might have a heart condition. I think our Expert will put your mind at ease and tell you what you need to do next to make sure nothing bad happens. Is there anything else important you think the Cardiologist should know?
Customer: I guess not
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cardiologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for this question

It sounds like the aortic regurgitation is the culprit

The heart is like plumbing. The blood is flowing back through the aortic valve then through the L heart and the lungs and right heart

He might need surgery to correct that.

Has he seen a cardiologist yet?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We have. We will be having a cath. He mentioned Pulmonary Hypertension.

Yes, that is the problem

He will be able to tell more in the cath

I am guessing the aortic valve is the main issue

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply.