Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I have discrete subaortic stenosis I am having surgery this

Customer Question

I have discrete subaortic stenosis I am having surgery this Thursday to remove a surgical membrane in a few days. My doctor said my outflow track is the size of a dime instead of a 50 cent coin. That means less oxygen to my brain and tissues...This is why I decided to go ahead with the surgery. Will I be walking around in a few days? Will the pain be severe?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, surgical removal os aortic membrane is done via a test sternotomy, it is a painful procedure but pain can be easily controlled with medicine and epidural anesthesia. You will be able to walk and move around in around 5-7 days. Success rate of this procedure is very high and most people live normal after this procedure. Let me know if you have questions, i am assistant professor in field of cardiology and can help you with all questions on this topic. Have a nice day and do rate as positive to credit the answer ..