abray1115
abray1115, Physician
Experience:  Primary care with particular interest in cardiology problems and prevention. Work closely with cardiologist colleagues.
13781349

EKG SHOWED COMBINED ATRIAL ENLARGEMENT NEGATIVE T-WAVES MAY

Customer Question

EKG SHOWED COMBINED ATRIAL ENLARGEMENT
NEGATIVE T-WAVES
MAY BE NORMAL
POSSIBLE ANTEROSEPTAL ISCHEMIA
MAY BE BORDERLINE
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  abray1115 replied 10 months ago.

Hello!

An EKG shows electrical characteristics....it us LIMITED in that it provides information or CLUES but is not a very definitive test at all...

You need an echocardiogram and a test to test more specifically for the question of ischemia ....

Likely you may meet with cardiologist and be set up for stress- thallium and echocardiogram to further check your heart

The EKG may have such findings but you may prove to not have atrial enlargement or ischemia for example ...

The abnormal EKG does call for follow-up testing but is not a conclusive type test

I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD