Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I'm 35 years old......I have passing out issues at work at

Customer Question

My name is Holly Stevens, and I'm 35 years old......I have passing out issues at work at times and it happens after I eat lunch in the afternoon but only at work......What happens to me is that my face gets beat red, my ears get red, get very hot, dizzy , lightheaded, my heart beats very fast also and then I pass out, and this happens quite often........I see a heart doctor and he thinks about putting in a implanted loop recorder ......what do you think
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question Holly.

I am working as assistant professor in field of cardiology.

Based on the symptoms you have mentioned it seems that you may have following possible causes that needs to be worked on.

First we need to confirm your fast heart rate with help of holter or loop recorder, second if your blood pressure also rises high during this time then we should consider causes like pheochromocytoma in our list of possible cause.

Third it can simply be a food allergic response which is causing all these symptoms and it can be checked by changing the food and observing if there is some specific food which causes this.

Let me know if you have questions. Do rate as positive if no further questions, simple post a reply for more questions, thank you.