Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I have suit filed against a cardiologist administering

Customer Question

Customer: Hi doc, I have suit filed against a cardiologist for not administering Sotalol in a hospital -monitored setting. My client went into cardiac arrest as a result. I'm looking for a cardiologist to review and testify.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She was receiving Sotalol for A-fib.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cardiologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 10 months ago.

Hello, thank you for your question, It is true that sotalol should be started in the hospital and till heart rate and blood pressure are adjusted with a particular dose of sotalol this medicine is not given as a home treatment without first observing the effects for 48-72 hours. Unfortunately On this website we cannot testify as this website is only for educational purpose, for patients who want to understand their disease or want to get a second opinion, let me know if i can provide help in this regard. Thank you.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/drug-sotalol/page2_em.htm

Above is a link for precaution for sotalol, read under the heading how should i take sotalol which clearly mentions that it should be started in the hospital. Let me know if you have questions, thank you. Do rate as positive, thank you.