Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I have suit filed against a cardiologist administering

Customer Question

Customer: Hi doc, I have suit filed against a cardiologist for not administering Sotalol in a hospital -monitored setting. My client went into cardiac arrest as a result. I'm looking for a cardiologist to review and testify.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She was receiving Sotalol for A-fib.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cardiologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for your question, It is true that sotalol should be started in the hospital and till heart rate and blood pressure are adjusted with a particular dose of sotalol this medicine is not given as a home treatment without first observing the effects for 48-72 hours. Unfortunately On this website we cannot testify as this website is only for educational purpose, for patients who want to understand their disease or want to get a second opinion, let me know if i can provide help in this regard. Thank you.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/drug-sotalol/page2_em.htm

Above is a link for precaution for sotalol, read under the heading how should i take sotalol which clearly mentions that it should be started in the hospital. Let me know if you have questions, thank you. Do rate as positive, thank you.