Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

Past couple weeks i have had a hard time breathing catching

Customer Question

for these past couple weeks i have had a hard time breathing catching my breathe and we didn't know if it was anxiety attacks or if i actually had something wrong. I left school one day not being able to breathe and my mom took me to a internal medicine doctor. I had a EKG done and said i hadirregular heart beat. I also had to take this breaking test and could only get 1 out of three tries because i was so short of breath. My internal medicine doc sent me to get a CT at hospital in ER(the same day) because she wanted to make sure i didn't have a blood clot in my lungs. Well the doctor at the hospital drew blood and gave me a EKG again and said he could tell by my blood work that i didn't have a blood clot so he didn't give me a CT and he said my heart beat was normal. (but when i was at internal med doc i was short of breath but by the time i got in at ER to get a CT i didn't have the shortness of breathe anymore) We called my internal med doc and said they didn't give us a CT even after you requested it and sent the info over to the hospital. She found that so odd and so she made me a CT appt for the next week(which was today) at hospital and made me get a ecocardio graph done. Well my CT looked fine but we haven't heard back from cardiologist about my echocardiogram (during echo cardio i has having a real hard time breathing and it was kinda loud puffs).. I went back to school and felt sick and my arms are so week (and have been for bout a week now) and i felt lightheaded. I cheer at basketball games and i have left the past couple ones because i can't breathe and i have pains in my chest. I have a inhaler but that doesn't seem to work. I can barley raise my arms and I am so week and have no energy. I feel light headed and have no appetite at all. please help idk whats wrong. My heart at times feels like its about to pop out of my chest it gets loud where i can hear the beats...this isn't normal for me..
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

thanks for this question

i'm sorry about all of this

was blood work done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last week they said I didn't have a blood clot in my lungs and I'm assuming they didn't see anything else..they didn't tell me anything else.

Hey should have checked for anemia and thyroid

Was this done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not that i know of..i mean he might have but he just told me that everything was normal and he didn't see a problem..but i also wasn't in pain(having breathing problem) at the time so idk if that had anything to do with it but i was very dehydrated and hadn't eaten almost all day that day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but when i was at Internal medicine doctor i was in pain and it showed on EKG that i had irregular heart beat.. and at the hospital I wasn't in pain anymore and on the EKG their my heartbeat was regular..so I know my heartbeat gets crazy when I have trouble breathing..but he didn't seem concerned because everything was clear on all his test results..

I would get a 24 hour holter to check your heart rhythm over 24 hours

I highly doubt it was cardiac

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.

If you have more questions, just reply :)