Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I am concerned because I have an old doctor's words echoing

Customer Question

I am concerned because I have an old doctor's words echoing in my head (Oh, you're too young for that.) Probably three or four times a week, I wake up with numbness and tingling in usually just my left hand and its like the ring finger and pinky finger are asleep. Occasionally (maybe twice a month) while I'm driving I'll feel it briefly - like two or three seconds - and then it's gone. Sometimes like this morning, it's both hands. When it's both hands like today, I've woken up startled and I feel an instant panic attack. My palms and my feet are sweaty and now I'm up for the rest of the day. I also had numbness and tingling in my right leg from the knee down today. The hand tingling sensation disappeared within 20 seconds and the leg was about 30 to 45 seconds.
Category: Cardiology
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do still have some tingling sensation actually. It's more like an electric shock every so often randomly happening. But it's so mild, not painful just a weird sensation.
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question, These symptoms are not due to heart pain or angina, these are most likely due to radiculopathy which happens due to pinching of the nerves in the spine and other cause is stress or panic attacks.

Let me know if you have questions, thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I decided to lay back down and it's come back.

Thank you for your reply, heart symptoms do not appear like this, these are anxiety or panic symptoms.