Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am 42 years old male. I am overweight but active and

Customer Question

I am 42 years old male. I am overweight but active and weight lift. For the past few weeks, I feel as if my heart skips a beat. I used to get similar palpitations in the past when I get very very tired but it has been more apparent within the last three weeks. I am not diabetic. I did take a product called anabeta elite for my weight lifting and I stopped it two weeks ago. What should I do to get rid of this annoying palpitation?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query, skiping the beat means rythm of your heart is not normal, it can be caused by many factors including some medicines, electrolyte abnormalities, thyroid abnormalities or certain heart conditions itself. I would suggest you should go to your physician to evaluate the cause of it as well as get thyroid function tests and electrolytes check so that it can be treated by treating the cause. As you have this in past you should get full evaluation as it can be dangerous. Sometimes it settles on its own but other times it does not, you need to get a check up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating.

Best.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.