Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I had an electrocardiogram last week. The findings of my

Customer Question

Customer: I had an electrocardiogram last week. The findings of my left ventricle were as follows :
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: LV Internal Dimension : Normal. LV Systolic Function: Normal. LV Diastolic Function : Abnormal Consistent with Stage 1 Diastolic dysfunction. LV Thickness: NO LV hypertrophy. LV Wall Motion Abnormal. Regional Abnormalities. Hypokinesis of the basal inferior, mid inferior, apical inferior segments. My ejection fraction is 60. I am a 65 year old male. My last echo of a year ago did not show any wall motion abnormalities. Should I be worried?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cardiology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question, This report means that you had a small degree of heart attack which has effected small part of your heart, but good news is that your ejection fraction is normal so at this stage you need is a coronary angiogram to see how severely your coronary artery is blocked, in most cases it can be opened with help of stents. And these stents can help reduce the chances of further damage to the heart. Let me know if you have questions, thank you.