Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

My husband's BP is 187/104. It is 2:20 a.m. He takes

Customer Question

My husband's BP is 187/104. It is 2:20 a.m. He takes lisinopril, metropanol, and baby aspirin daily. Is this an emergency room situation? He is not concerned. He is a little over 69 and has been under a PCP's general care.
Had Whipple procedure in April, resulting in glucose intolerance, generally wnl grocuse readings.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

I am doctor of internal and emergency medicine and pleased to help you.

If your husband doesn't have chest pain or shortness of breath he doesn't have to go to ER an once. How is his normal dosage of Amlodipin, Lisinopril and Metoprolol? What is his heart rate?

Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question, This high blood pressure can be categorized and hypertensive emergency or urgency. It can only be decided with help of clinic examination and blood tests to check for heart and kidney enzymes. It is best and safest option to get in touch with your treating doctor, or go to emergency ASAP. Let me know if you have questions. I am assistant professor of cardiology. Do rate as positive if no further questions.