DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Classical homeopath also board certified in integrative and holistic medicine. Many years of practice, also all of medicine.
24257177

I have had ongoing pain in the left hand side of my body

Customer Question

Hi I have had ongoing pain in the left hand side of my body mostly around left arm left shoulder blade and left arm. This has included pain muscle aches numbness etc. I have also had multiple heart tests including chest xray. 24th holt I monitor stress test and ct of my hear multille ecgs and blood test all were fine no diabetes no high blood pressure no high colesorlor i am overweight being 115kgs and 183cms tall. I have seen a cardiologist and told I am fine and I am been diagnosed with fybromyalgia and have some moderate anxiety. I just got my ct results back and need to know what the results mean as was told the outcome was fine but didn't have the results to this when I saw the cardiologist it said I have prominent fat from medistinal to epicardial fat. I also have slight fat in liver was the results summary aorta arch and walls etc were all fine. What is prominent medistinal fat to epicardial fat mean is it dangerous and how do I fix it? Thank you
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is not dangerous.

It is simply noting in passing that you have visceral fat.

The problem is not with the heart, but with visceral fat in general.

Visceral fat is associated with more disease in the future.

This means exercise and the correct diet are needs.

Visceral fat is fat around organs.

You have fat around the fat, and also in between the lungs.

This is a benign condition, and is noted in passing typically.

You need to get the anxiety and the fibromyalgia treated effectively at this point.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.