Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

If I have a panic attack next time and my blood pressure get

Customer Question

If I have a panic attack next time and my blood pressure get high what should I do
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

What is your normal blood pressure? What symptoms do you have during a panic attack? Do you suffer from any medical condition or take any daily medications? What treatment have you tried for the panic attack?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using zolof 50 per night and when i have a pannic attack i take xanax, i have a blood pressure and my doctor increased the dose to 20 mg lisinporil but when i have a panic attack my blood pressure become high
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Basically you are suffering from both hypertension and panic attacks. Both these conditions need to be managed adequately for the relief of your symptoms. For the panic attack you need psychotherapy along with the zoloft. A form of psychotherapy which is called cognitive behavioral therapy will help you learn from your own experience that panic symptoms are not dangerous.

For the hypertension to maintain your blood pressure treatment goals that is less than150/90 mm Hg your doctor may prescribe a combination of low-dose medications rather than larger doses of one single drug. In fact, for majority of patients two or more blood pressure lowering drugs that act in different ways are often more effective than one. Lifestyle changes such as eating a healthier diet with less salt, exercising, and maintaining a healthy weight or losing weight if you're overweight or obese is beneficial.

Therefore with medications, lifestyle changes, and psychotherapy your panic attacks as well your hypertension will be adequately controlled.

Next time you have a panic attack and your blood pressure becomes high you may need to consult your doctor immediately who will suggest taking an extra dosage of your blood pressure medication or ask you to immediately go to an urgent care or emergency.

Take care.