Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

What does a 37 as right ventricular systolic pressure mean?

Customer Question

what does a 37 as right ventricular systolic pressure mean?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

A right ventricular systolic pressure is the systolic blood pressure that is measured in the right ventricle.

The normal systolic blood pressure in the right ventricle is 15 to 30 mm of Hg. A pressure of 37 is certainly on the higher side.

A raised pressure on the right side of the heart usually indicates lung disease like COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) among other problems.

So this cause among other causes must be investigated to find out exactly what's causing the raised pressure on the right side and then to treat it appropriately.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
never smoked lungs are fine exercise all the time
Expert:  Dr SH replied 1 year ago.

That's great.

So what symptoms do you have an why was your ultrasound of your heart done in the first place?

What explanation has your cardiologist given for this result?

Please let me know.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No symptoms routine 3 year stress test I had 3 stents 7 years ago. Echo stress test OK
Expert:  Dr SH replied 1 year ago.

If you do not have any symptoms like you mention and your stress test was ok three years ago then I would disregard this particular test i.e. the right ventricular systolic pressure which is slightly above the normal.

Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, I am a consultant cardiologist and can help you with more details. If this pressure was reported on echocardiogram then this means you have moderate pulmonary hypertension and raised pressure in the right ventricle is due to this same reason. So main diagnosis here is pulmonary hypertension which can be due to many reasons, you need chest X rays, CT scan chest and vasoreactive studies to check if we can use medicine like CCB

Let me know if you have questions, i am here to help you assist in making a clear diagnosis, Thank you.

I can elaborate more details if you can share the summary of your echo report. Thank you.

Waiting for your reply. Thank you.

Do you need more info,,, i do more than 10 echocardiograms per day... and can help you out further.

Do not forget to rate positive, thank you, ***** ***** i can be compensated for my time and opinion.