Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

My wife had a stroke in Jun2015, labeled a TIA in East New

Customer Question

My wife had a stroke in Jun2015, labeled a TIA in East New Orleans. I did not get her to a medical facility within 3 hours as one should. It was probably 4- 4 1/2 hours after the initial experience.. I got her to the ER and they ran multiple tests on her
and all tests came back normal. She was released after 24 hours in the hospital. She still suffers from near term memory loss, some vertigo, and some instability while walking. She continues to hold me accountable for her short term memory loss because I didn't
get her to the ER within 3 hours of the stroke.. My question is: IS THE MEMORY LOSS MY FAULT?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

I guess the question is whether truly or not it is your fault? Did you refuse to take her? Did she want you to?

Please don't forget a positive rating.

If you have more questions, just reply :)