Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

3 weeks ago I had a heart attack and 4 cardiac arrests. A

Customer Question

3 weeks ago I had a heart attack and 4 cardiac arrests. A stent was put in and the doctor stated he wanted to put in another one for an artery that is 70% blocked (the first one was 100%).When they asked me to do the treadmill stress test I was already dizzy and unstable on my feet. They cancelled the treadmill test and now have scheduled a Lexiscan sestamibi heart scan. I've been able to walk now for maybe a half mile. I am 68 years old and male. This test scares me because i am worried about having another cardiac arrest. I beat the odds before and don't especially want to have a procedure that might cause me another heart attack or sudden Cardiac arrest. Any advice?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
if you recently had a cardiac arrest you shouldn't be doing a stress test
you can do a cardiac MRI to see if there is heart muscle that is salvageable by putting in the stent
you need to see another cardiologist