Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I've had a rolling pain from my stomach to my heart all day,

Customer Question

I've had a rolling pain from my stomach to my heart all day, it started at 6 am and has been between 5sec to 10 min apart. I was thinking this was heartburn. I've never had it but I took some Tums and it did not go away. Is there a chance this is something
more serious and if so what could it be?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thanks for your question.
Do you have any other symptoms such as nausea or increased sweating? Is the chest pain burning like, or is it dull, aching, pressure like sensation, or a sharp, stabbing, knifelike pain? Do you feel it on the surface or deep inside? Does movement, exertion, breathing, position changes, or eating certain foods worsens or helps relieve the pain? How severe is the pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nausea or sweating, dull aching rolling pain, I feel it more on the surface, nothing that I've noticed changes it, the pain is about a 4 but rather consistent
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thanks for your reply.
Basically by your description this pain appears to be due to muscle strain which may cause a superficial and continuous ache or pulling sensation in the chest. This pain may be increased by lifting, pulling, or pushing heavy objects.
However what is concerning is the acute onset of the pain without any provoking factors. Therefore the need to get this checked out. It is highly unlikely to be of cardiac origin, but still I would recommend that you get an electrocardiogram (EKG) done as soon as possible, preferably now in the emergency.
At present I would suggest that you take tylenol and prilosec which are available OTC and these medications will be beneficial.
Take care.