Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

Why does my heart beat at 70 bpm minutes then suddenly

Customer Question

Why does my heart beat at 70 bpm for 5 minutes then suddenly switch to 35 bpm for 5 minutes and it beats harder. It switches back and forth like this all day everyday. I went to a doctor back in Dec 2014 and he put me on a 24 hour holter but only received
4 hours of data. He said I have PVC's and that's normal. I looked at him like he was nuts. Normal people have about 3-5 PVC's per day (his own words) I just have a ton more than the normal guy (again, his own words). He doesn't know why I have this but just
said that it would go away within 6 months. Well...I still have it. And the 1st time I noticed it was back in Feb 2013 when a nurse checked my pulse with a pulse ox monitor. So, because I work as a BMET myself, I hooked my self up to a Mortara Eli 350 and
printed the whole ream of paper. So I have tons of data if you want to see it. Other doctors have told me I'm dehydrated so I pumped lots of vitamins, minerals, salts and liquids and heart doesn't change. My thyroid numbers a perfect. Blood panel came back
good. What is causing this problem?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
What did he say happens when you go to 35 bpm?
Did the holter pick up the drop to 35?