Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

If you had a patient with tetralogy of fallot, would you be

Customer Question

If you had a patient with tetralogy of fallot, would you be against treating a migraine with Dihydroergotamine (DHE)? Please explain why or why not, in detail. Please feel free to be as geeky as necessary. I'm looking for specifics, and if that includes a lot of doctor jargon, that's fine.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
How is the heart function now? was the TOF fixed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The heart is currently in very good condition with minor leakage and good blood flow. The Tetralogy was fixed. There was a mechanical valve replacement, which was later replaced by a bovine. There was a VSD which was patched. The pulmonary artery was banded, then debanded, patched and widened.
Then there is no reason to not use ergots This is a structurally functioning heart. I see no reason why you can't use ergots
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last question: if you were needing to present these facts to a doctor who was refusing to provide the DHE, what is the best way to say it? I'm looking to understand doctor psychology, perhaps. I don't want him to feel threatened, but informed.
Always ask a question and say what do you think?
Please don't forget a positive rating.If you have more questions, just reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just wondering if there was a particular way you would personally respond positively if approached by a patient. I wasn't sure if printing out a JustAnswer thread and bringing it in would enable a discussion, or if a doctor would feel threatened or dismissive. Thanks for the help!
I would respond positively. Yes Just always ask a question