Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology Expert
55099014

I have been living with some type of health issue

Customer Question

I have been living with some type of health issue for about 3 years now. This frustrating and scary experience is something I dont know whether to give up on or to keep trying to find answers. You can view some of my history questions on here that I have asked.
I have been through thinking I have cancer, to some virus, to heart disease. I have been tested by many specialists over the years and none have been able to pinpoint anything wrong with me but to suggest whats wrong with me.
It started 3 years ago that I started having near fainting spells and complete lethargy. Feeling sick all day, running high blood pressure(which isnt normal for me) and running a real low HR (40-50s) with body pains that I had no idea why I was having them (still do). I had symptom after symptom. I tried my best to convince my self I was a hyperchondriac. I had some days I felt normal and felt like "okay this is over" only for it to return.
One thing straight forward though is that every non-cardiologists specialists Id seen said it "really" sounded like a cardio issue. Every cardiologists I seen (Local, Mayo and Duke) said that even though to most people some of the results would be abnormal but in you they aren't.
One is I lived 6 months with pvcs, pacs and "pjcs". Every skip was felt. This drained me. I went to dr's and they ran stress echos, ekgs, tilt tests, blood tests and always cleared me but to "keep a watch on it" and if anything persisted "to seek immediate care".
I was diagnosed with having low blood pressure (drink a bunch of gatorade, eat more salt) to having high blood pressure, to having bradycardia(but not sure if that was normal for me). I was then told I had mild autonomic nervous dysfunction. And maybe lyme disease
I was told to "just try to push through it" and I did try atleast. Exercise became hard with exertion bringing on extra beats, fatigue, lightheadedness. I tried really hard to ignore and try to push through it but the symptoms always over come me. I blacked out after a run one day and this lead me back into the hospital.
I then referred myself to a psych dr and went through sessions with them. I was given klonoplin saying this would relieve whatever was happening. Then I was tried on 3 different anti depressants. Two gave me what they called "SVT" and one made me a zombie. I did cbt therapy and I even stumped the therapists because even though I had her treating me I still would have the same symptoms. I still take the klonoplin cause it helps relieve body pain and chest stings and squeezes.
Recently my cardio not knowing what was going on, put a LINQ loop recorder in me. I have been being recorded for 2 months and all they tell me is i have a BIG bell curve for a HR. SO my Hr when sleeping gets to around 30 and during the day sits around 50-55 and with easy exercise (jogging) gets to max of 170-180.
So i just feel bad. I sleep 8-10 hours a night so I get rest. But i wake up hurting and fatigued after about 30 mins. Palps most of the day. My exercise is what I look forward to for comfort but I have what I think is exercise induced angina because my lower throat( under adams apple) and upper chest( right around collar bones) get a feeling of pressure and then when it builds up intensly I will throw pvcs and pacs. I have shoulder to arm pains that seem like nerve pain cause most the time I can press on the areas it hurts and it hurts worse. But theres no reason for it to hurt. No lifting, no sleeping awkwardly. Nothing different I did 3+ years ago. I also note that I can be sitting somewhere and I get a quick squeeze in my body and feel a cold rush feeling spread across the chest (like goosebumps) not pain. There are times I can twist and hunch over and I was feel dull aches but this isnt all the time.
So Im stuck here. I dont know what to do. Ive had almost every test under the sun. Ive accepted alot of my symptoms but they are delibiltating as in the disrupt what I am doing or trying to do. I dont know where else to look.
Every Dr. says its cardio related but my cardios are clueless but they are keeping a close eye on me they say. Main problem I think right now is when I get the symptoms and when I try to just ignore them and they persist is that I dont know what to do. I worry that I am just overreacting or that I need to get help.
The last few weeks have been bad and we just moved states. Ive tried being persistent in trying to relax and avoid stress but that ends up being a whole day of being non productive. Trust me Ive been to the dr after being told that I need to go back to the dr and tell them whats going on.
Theirs alot more symptoms Ive experienced that I havent listed but I can list them if they are suggested.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
do you take any medicines?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As stated in the first post, Klonoplin when the chest,back,arm aches become unbearable. Other than that the supps I take are fish oil, fiber tabs, and probiotic

I was mainly wondering about other prescription drugs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No thats the only prescription.

I have been tried on calcium channel blockers (caused further lower hr at rest), ppi's, anit-depressants, muscle relaxants, several pain meds.

has thyroid and adrenal gland function been tested?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thyroid yes. Adrenal Im not sure as I have many blood tests but everythings always been checked out good. What would adrenals be listed under if they have been tested and I can check my records. Mayo did a extensive blood analysis but I dunno if that included adrenals

cortisol, 24 hour urine cortisol, ACTH
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ive had a cortisol AM test which was

• 10.5 mcg/dl(Normal)

Oct 11, 2013

That is kind of high. Did you have a cortisol stimulation test?what about a 24 hour urine cortisol?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I dont think so on either.

The mayos reference range is this for the range:

Reference Range
7.0 mcg/dl - 25.0 mcg/dl
Seems low to me rather than high. Am I missing something?
Your morning cortisol should be lower. It fluctuates during the day. It isn't bad just a bit on the higher side for the AM cortisolMany times adrenal gland malfunction can cause these weird autonomic issues I would get a 24 hour urine cortisol, and a cortisol stim test
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could you explain what would cause these cortisol levels to be off? So I can correlate with whats been going on the past 3 years?

It is generally immune related. So your body attacks the adrenal glands. It is known as autoimmune disease The other possibility is a growth on the adrenals. Both occur randomly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Any other tests you know of this could have shown up on " growth on adrenals" so I can see if Ive already had something that would have shown it before I proceed to ask a physician to interest this idea?

No, that is it. The only thing that is going to be abnormal is cortisol and ACTH. That is why this is often missed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Dr. I spoke too about getting this done said this "would not be the case" and to "get off the internet for diagnosis".

Is there anyway of getting these without referral of a MD?

No, there isn't. I'm sorry Adam.