Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have tachycardia, dizziness and pac. Has done

Customer Question

I have tachycardia, dizziness and pac. Has done echo(normal), stress(poor capacity, but normal), and holter which showed tachy+pac+night pause I do however notice that my heart will slow down for a beat or two then resume normal then slow down again. This
will happen for maybe a minute or so. It happens mostly when i lay down from standing and I experienced it once during tachycardia. Is thsi an arythmia or not? The heart simply slows down for a second then resumes.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thanks for your question.
Basically Premature Atrial Contractions (PACs) are one of the most common forms of arrhythmias. Your presentation is also typical and most of the patients describe "missing" or "skipping" of the heartbeat. However the good news is that though they can occur when there is underlying heart disease, in most cases these are seen without any evidence of heart disease in normal individuals. Therefore if your doctor has excluded an underlying condition causing them, you have no need to worry.
Take care.