Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I am a seemingly healthy 38 yr old female. I was an avid crossfitter

Customer Question

I am a seemingly healthy 38 yr old female. I was an avid crossfitter for five years and quit six months ago due to adrenal fatigue. I know do yoga and walk a lot. I have a healthy diet with minimal sugar, dairy, grains and no gluten (I have celiac). I eat primary organic. I don't drink coffee, I don't drink alcohol often and I don't smoke
I don't feel well often - fatigue, severe bloating, etc. I tolerate minimal foods and have an impossible time losing the extra 25 pounds I'm carrying.
My BP is 115/62
Cholesterol 160
HDL, LDL, VLDL all within normal range. Thyroid normal.
I've never had a cholesterol problem nor do my parents.
I got bloodworm back yesterday that showed my IP-PLA2 was 245 putting me at high risk. Why on earth would my IP-PLA2 be so high!?! I was seeing an ND and he's completely baffled. I'm obviously concerned.
Thank you,
Ashley
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.
This is not a test that allopathic MD cardiologists routinely use
I actually find it to be of very little real world significance.
what are your thoughts on that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My thoughts are that something is indicating I have some severe inflammation and that's concerning. You're saying that this has minimal significance or scientific evidence in its backing? Upon reading about IP-PLA2 testing there was a lot of information about it being more specific and beneficial than a basic cholesterol panel. They designed the test because they were finding plaque build up and cardiac events in individuals that had low cholesterol. You wouldn't find this a worrisome result?
There are no good studies indicating it is superior to standard cholesterol testing.
In fact, the opposite is true. There are many studies showing it is not superior.
The problem is that now that you have this information what are you going to do with it? take a statin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't find more information to be problematic. I don't feel well and I want to get to the bottom of it. I haven't felt well for over ten years. I want to find the root cause and address it. Statin wouldn't be my first choice. Frankly, this is my frustration with MDs. Minimal desire to get to the bottom of things, apathy to the symptoms and experience of the patient. You didn't inquire about my symptoms and why I'm seeking these answers. I feel awful and I shouldn't given my lifestyle. I've been seeking answers for years and not one MD has taken the time to dig to the root of the issue.
I am sorry about this and I understand your frustration but please take to heart what I am saying
I am saying that this information doesn't help you at all.
What does it mean? That you have inflammation in your body? Ok, we already knew that though.
Could you have chronic fatigue?
do you still need help?