Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I went in ECG because I have CIPD and I'm taking methadone

Customer Question

I went in for an ECG because I have CIPD and I'm taking methadone for nerve pain. I'm 38 and quit smoking 10 yrs ago,although I do vape on occasion. My ECG came back as sinus tachycardia ,septal infarct,slight right and mid pericardial repol,small neg T in V2,3,4,5 .slight inferior repol dist.,consider ischemia. My bpm 102. They said I could have a heart attack any minute and to go to e.r......your thoughts?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, This reading is not normal. And I am little surprised at your age this type of reading. This means you did have a heart attack some time in the past affecting your anterior and lateral suraface of the heart. The affected muscles do not conduct electricity normally and that reflects in the EKG which measures heart electrical response. You should go to the ER for furthe evaluation to prevent any further damage. Best wishes, It was my pleasure to help you today. I am Dr Basu experienced in Metabolic Diseases.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5 stars).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions! This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/