Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology

I have chest tightness and pain between my shoulder blades

I have chest tightness and pain between my shoulder blades and my chest is red , breathing is ok but I can not figure out what this is. pain has stayed in in my chest/back all day since 9am but the redness is new it worries me
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Does this pain increases with activity or some exercise ? does it decreases with rest ?

Do you have some other symptoms like shortness of breath ?

Do you smoke ? overweight ? ? have diabetes ? high cholesterol ?

Is there any tenderness over the pain area ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for responding. Yes the pain increases with activity. no decrease with rest.I do not smoke I am allergic to smoke of all kinds. no I am not over weight. I do not have diebetes or high cholesterol. I do have high blood pressure. Today when i checked it at my walmart phamacy blood pressure stand it was 155/105 pulse 88. and to answer your last question yes there is tenderness in my chest.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
those who can or want to answer this please do thanks

Thank you for your reply, Sorry for delay as i was offline just read your replies.

WIth your history you lie at low risk for heart disease and your symptoms are not typical for heart disease.
These seem more likely to be musculoskeletal pain.
As heart pain can present with different types of pain and even in young so we always need ECG and some basic test to rule out heart problem.
So you need ECG, try over counter medicine like tylenol and advil for pain, use dicloran gel over the pain area as this seems more likely to be musculoskeletal.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I am online for around 1 hour now.
Click ACCEPT if you have received your answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just need answer for a simple question I do not have deep pockets of money to keep paying for answer . I guess I exhausted my funds limit so thanks for trying but my chest still hurts,I'm tired and you did not help. I have no more money for this issue

Thank you for your reply,

We do not deduct money unless customer pressed accept. So as per fact you have not been charged anything yet.
If there is some redness, swelling and pain then this can be skin or deep tissue infection and may need antibiotics. So in your case two main possible options infection or musculoskeletal pain.
On this forum our main aim is a satisfied customer. no need to press accept/or pay anything if you have not received your answer or satisfied.
If pain is severe go to emergency right away. If mild pain then try the medicine i told you, sometimes cold compresses also help such pain.

I hope this helps.