Louise Sivak, M.D.
Louise Sivak, M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Pediatrician, Board-certified in Hematology/Oncology
16877601

I need help writing a medical memorandum. I am a lead surgeon

Customer Question

I need help writing a medical memorandum. I am a lead surgeon and need to make a decision regardng a heart transplant. I have 3 patients waiting for a heart, one comes in and I need to make a quick and sound decision on who gets it. I have to write a Memorandum of record showing my decision and how I made it, written in medical documentation and knowing that I might need it to justify my decision. How do I go about writing this, can you show me an example?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I would like to help you find an answer.

I need more info about each patient.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have to write a memorandum about deciding which 1 of three 3 people to give a heart transplant too? and an example please, I have a male, age 55 a mid level manager, a girl age 12 lifelong health issues, A 35 year old male homeless and heavy drug user, and the 12 year old dad who is an oncologist , who is willing to give the hospital 2 million dollars to help with the new wing they are building what ethical are used to determine which one to pick?
Expert:  Louise Sivak, M.D. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Recommend your hospital convene an Ethics Committee meeting for this discussion. With all due respect, this is NOT an appropriate question for an online medical response site.