Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

I have a 1966 vw beetle. It has a rusted out floor pan on

I have a 1966 vw beetle. It has a rusted out floor pan on the driver side, driver door won't open, the engine fires then dies(can't fin the problem)I need to sell it and wondered what I should ask for it.
JA: Does the vehicle have a carburetor?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only have had time to try the carb. I switched fuel lines as I did on another one I had (that worked on that one) that's it so far. Now I need to sell it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just the price
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
If those things that you mentioned are the only issues with the vehicle, then I suggest that you ask for $2000.00 for it. You can adjust the price from there up or down a few hundred dollars. If the rest of the vehicle is in decent shape, then you should be able to get around $2000 for it. A 1966 Beetle is a desirable car for VW enthusiasts.Chris
I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you!Chris
Thank you!
If you have any follow up questions, I will still be able to help youChris