FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

My H3 alpha is running and won't turn off. The key is not in

Customer Question

My H3 alpha is running and won't turn off. The key is not in the ignition and I just disconnected the battery, thinking that might turn it off. But it is still running. Its raining and there is a leak in the sunroof, which according to the forums i've read causes this problem... but how do i get it to shut off
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: yes the steering wheel is fine and no the keys aren't worn... I've actually tried 2 different keys and tried to disable it with the remote, to no avail
JA: What year is your H3?
Customer: 008
JA: Are you fixing your H3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the keys (both sets), the remote starter and i disconnected the battery.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i can't think of anything else. It has 3/4 tank of gas and id rather not let it run till its out of gas
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** need to open the hood and pull the fuel pump relay out of the fuse box. With the cover of the fuse box removed it will have a diagram of where the relay is. Just pull it out and the vehicle will die. Once it turns off leave the battery unhooked and you will be fine until morning. Then the electrical issue will need to be repaired. If it is the water leak is the issue then water may have entered the body control module. Most of the time this is caused by a bad ignition control module. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.