Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

PO600 fault code and message of Faulty engine control module

PO600 fault code and message of Faulty engine control module or open or short in the cm. 2005 crossfire with 5 lights on , fin stuck up and no speedo or odom. Otherwise car runs fine.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Brake wear, engine light,ESp,ABS,emerg brake
JA: Are you fixing your Crossfire yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Im trying to as no one in my area is confident. I have switched batteries and checked for any ground issues, checked al fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Is that the only code ? any recent accidents or repairs before this issue?

Are you using Benz scan tool ?

vin # please

thanks

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That is the only code.
No accidents, only other repair was having the headliner cloth replaced. Otherwise car is and was running fine.
Using a generic scanner, actually have tried a couple with the same results(just to be sure)
VIN1C3AN69L55X038672

The speedo and odometer inop will have a big effect on this.

let me check on the vin for anything obvious and will get back!!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks should add that cruise does not work as well, was working prior.

ok the p0600 is a CAN communication issue .

a preofessional scan is needed . since it has Benz electronics another option is to have a mercedes benz dealer do a full scan on it to get all the codes !!

right now too many directions to go on this need to narrow down!!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ok

if you get the full scan and printout i can assist . note a premium service may be needed for comprehensive diagnosis!!