Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

How can I remove scratches on my car?

Customer Question

How can I remove scratches on my car?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

The best way to remove just surface scratches through the clear coat and not into the paint and metal. You need a buffer which is like an angle grinder tool or a drill with a round disc on it. Both using a foam or wool pad. You need a rubbing compound. I really like 3m brand with 1500-3000 grit. You do not want to apply to much pressure, speed and do not cause to much heat. So do it in the shade and keep the paint moist with spray bottle water. It is going to sling everywhere so cover areas you do not want to clean with sheets or towels. Once the scratch is gone, clean your pad and use a polish, again I like 3m myslef. You can use the power tool to apply the polish or do so by hand. Once done apply a layer of your preffered brand wax.

PS wax that states it also cleans means it has grit in it and those grits are not regulated well and not the best to use. They cause more damage than good.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris