Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

I am working on a 2011 MKS with around 60k. I have what

I am working on a 2011 MKS with around 60k. I have what feels like a torque converter shudder at light acceleration from about 20mph to 60mph. Under hard acceleration the car is very smooth.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I have seen torque converter shudder happen on these vehicles before. Tell me if you tap the brake pedal while it is shuddering, will the shudder stop?

Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I haven't tried that

Whenever I have a torque converter shudder I can verify it by tapping/stepping on the brake pedal. Thgat commands the PCM/TCM to unlock the torque converter and the shudder will stop (if it is indeed a torque converter problem). So try that. If it still shudders while stepping on the brake pedal, then something else is causing the shudder like a slight misfire, engine mount, etc.

Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll try that, thx Chris

You are welcome!

I hope this is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Thank you! If you have any follow up questions, I will be here for you.

Chris