Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Put trailer hitch on suzuki xl7,passenger console nob hot

Put trailer hitch on suzuki xl7,passenger console nob hot when in tow. Open heat circuit found. Could be relay in console, $$$$ for anyone to find problem.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 66000, battery ? But is at 13 something.
JA: Are you fixing your XL-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No been back and forth with trailer hitch place, no wiring has anything to do with the installation.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me or describe to me which knob is hot or heating up?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All mobs on backside of console, temp,direction of flow etc only when trailer is connected
Had elected system diagnosed, has open heat circuit
Hitch and extra brake has been checked twice and is properly installed

Did they say what has an open heat circuit?Is this an oxygen sensor open heater or an interior component with the open heat circuit?

Was anything replaced for this open heat circuit fault?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Only evaporative emission for HO2S heat control circuit open. Evaporative emission high purge flow
51 body electrical
061 C Z

O.k.,this is a difficult question for me to answer myself here but others here may have the info you need.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

I believe in your case it is the heat from the transmission causing the center console to get hotter. When towing the transmission is alot hotter. My recommendation is to monitor the trans oil temp not towning and then again while towing to see if you are pushing it to hard and may need to do changes to the trans cooler setup.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you
I wanted to add an extra transmission fan for towing
My oil temp light has never gone on
Now my turn signals not turn off
Guess it's just the Murphy law in full effect
Am having trans fluid changed also

You're welcome. I do recommend a larger cooler and new fluid and if needed an extra fan.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry. Engine light stays on but never other lights

I can help with an engine concern on a new post. I am only allowed to help on this hit transmission concern on this post. Do you need any more help with that or are you pleased with my help?

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience: 16 years of experience
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm hoping the light will function properly when the other problems are fixed. Thank you

You're welcome