TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER
Experience:  DODGE SERVICE MANAGER 26 + YEARS
6531745

Replaced the battery and tried to start vehicle a few times

Replaced the battery and tried to start vehicle a few times ... alarm went off, THEY I found out it had Navi and radio codes to put in. Finally got it to accept them but car won' the start and alarm won'the stop going off.
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2009 pilot
JA: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Battery died, just replaced it...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I pulled the horn fuse
Hello. If you have a remote you can try using that to locate ck and unlock doors as well as using key in drivers door to lock and unlock doors to reset alarm.
Not locate. Lock and unlock with remote. Sorry for mistype
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just tried that with fuse back in... no change. Pulled fuse again.
Hood and all doors closed when you tried that?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hood wasn't, trying that now...
Ok. Crazy what car companies do with alarm systems
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still not working, but horn beeped 7 times in rapid succession, that's new.
Ok. Did you try just remote or key or both?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Both
It should disarm
By either using remote to lock then unlock.
Or by using kei in drivers door to lock then unlock.If that fails to work then it's seeing a door or hood or trunk switch open.
Any troubles with door locks before battery died.Or door ajar light warnings?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, nothing wrong before my unknowing screw up, lol
Let's go back to car. Open and close all doors. Open close trunk and hood.Then hook up battery and only use key in drivers door to lock and unlock door. Then open door attempt start
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You want me to disconnect battery then do that, or is it OK if the battery is connected during that?
Let's start all over.Unhook battery - open close all doors. Hook up battery. Close hood. Then first try key in drivers door. Lock first then unlock.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok
If key fails to work. Then just try unlock on the Fob
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No luck... but it DID bring back the loud honking. Had to disconnect battery again before neighbors kill me.
Then we are back to the system still thinks it's being stolen. It's seeing one of the switches open.This is why the disarming process is not working.There's only two ways to disarm. Using key fob or key in drivers door.This stinks. Now we are going to need a scan tool hooked up that has the ability to monitor the anti theft system to see what is triggering the system.I would try one more thing before I'd have it towed to dealer. I'd unhook battery again. Both terminals. Leave unhooked for 3 hours so every module powers down.Then hook up positive battery terminal first. Then negative. Close up then lock and unlock with remote.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Alright, I'll unhook everything and leave it overnight. I'll try again tomorrow.
Ok. Let me know in the morning. I have a buddy that works at a Honda shop. I'll see if he knows any tricks I don't.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will do.
Thanks. We will figure it out
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still no luck. Tried unplugging the hood sensor (as it seemed the most likely candidate) in case it was tripping the alarm, but that didn't work either. Tried with the key first, then with the remote, and finally with the key in the ignition... no change.
I checked with the master tech at Honda that if standard reset doesn't work that the only way to do proper diagnostic is with scan tool to determine trigger and or fault. Sorry.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Alright, a tow to the dealership it is then.
Sorry. At this point we woul be guessing and throwing switches at it hoping to get lucky.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah, that seems destined to cause more damage than good. Thanks man.
Thank you and good luck. Take care
If you don't mind providing me with positive feedback I would appreciate it. Thanks again