Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I removed the front end removed the transaxle and replaced

I removed the front end removed the transaxle and replaced the clutch , pressure plate , hydraulic throw out bearing assembly assembled back , replace the hydraulic slave on the firewall , lube all the linkages with dry moly , every gear shifts fine except 3 gear grinds a little bit when it is shifted into 3rd, is it linkage cable worn out or do I have a internal issue . when I filled the transaxle with dexron it only held 1.7 quarts.
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: No its all new I just replaced it
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2004 Saturn view front wheel drive only
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well the car was given to me from a repair I did on a farm tractor but I ended up replacing the head cams and two pistons . Then I sold the car to an undesireable and he tore the hydraulic line out of it . that's when I took the front end out and replaced all the clutch, pressure plate and hydraulic system.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, just to clarify, the master is the cylinder on the firewall, the slave is at the throwout bearing.

ok, if all other gears are good and it goes into reverse ok, then the issue is internal. you have syncros inside the trans and they do wear out. when this happens, it tends to grind going into that gear.

from a cost stand point, it would be cheaper to get a used trans and install than to disassemble and replace worn parts.

Roy

please take a moment and rate my service. please hit 5 stars so the site will pay me for my efforts. it is the only way we get paid for our efforts.

Roy

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
5 stars thank you

thank you.

your welcome. just hit the 5 stars at the top of the page

Roy

Roy

thank you