Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

06 Range Rover HSE lost sync with key fob will not start.

Customer Question

06 Range Rover HSE lost sync with key fob will not start. All we did was scan vehicle for codes and disconnect the parking brake control. What we found was communications issues initiating w/ a bad parking brake control module. We have not replaced any parts yet. The vehicle started and was driven out of the shop. Sat, for over a week. Now, it won't start. Securiy light blinks at constant rate and lamps flash. How do you sync keyfobs/disable security for starting?
Category: Car
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
is it the module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring ,key fob battery etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunately.

1- make sure the 12 volt battery is good and holding

2- if you have a 2nd key try it

3- what were the fault codes retrieved

3- Let start here ,Do A Master reset and then we go forward ?

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Didn't get a chance to try today. Tomorrow?

ok sounds good

i will be online tomorrow

Chaf

Hi, just checking in ,to see how things are going,Do you need further assistance ?

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat