EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

My 2010 Srx4 service rear axle msg came on once after

My 2010 Srx4 service rear axle msg came on once after driving in slushy snowy road. What's the action to take.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2010 Cadillac Srx4
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it a crisis

Hi. It is not generally a major issue when the service rear axle message comes on. It is usually do to the traction control, or abs.Since the light originally came on, have you turned the car back off and on? Does the message still come up?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have turned off & on several times & driven several miles and nothing happened nor did the msg comeback on.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thanks to the call and the additional $35.00.

Sorry for the phone call request. The website sends that out on our behalf. I think something may just have caused one of the wheels to either skid or break traction and the module thought that a problem might be going on because the wheel speed did not match up. If the message has not come back then I would not worry about it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Indeed, I did observe the abs function very briefly, ang there may have been s subsequent wheel sleep during a very slow speed turn on sort of icey surface. Thank you for the info. I am miles from a caddy service Center .

You are very welcome. I feel everything is probably normal. If you can, please take a moment to rate my assistance please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I greatly appreciate the response and have found the information provided very useful. If. Rating were in place I would rate the responses as 5 - 5