Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I can't turn the key at all, it's and automactic 1997

I can't turn the key at all, it's and automactic 1997 convertible
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: it is in park, can't take the key out unless it is, i'm not sure about wheel lock, but i tried turning it and it turns
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to fix it my self, right now i just tried giggling the wheel a bit, not sure what else to try
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's every thing
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's also been really cold here

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I typically do not recommend phone calls, This is an automated request. DO not accept without me telling you I am requesting it. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do you have access to a scan tool? Do you have another key or is it stuck?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I actually managed to get it fixed myself, just needed some wd-40, thanks for getting back though, were do I leave a rating?

Glad to hear you got it. Let us know if you need help in the future. You should be able to leave a rating now