Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 07 LR3 has an old key and the lock / unlock has been very

Customer Question

Hello, my 07 LR3 has an old key and the lock / unlock has been very intermittent in working. I have been able to lock it to set alarm but the driver side door doesnt lock so when I enter it, the alarm goes off but I can deactivate once I've put the key in and turn the engine. I just had the problem that the car alarm would not shut off and car would not start. Alarm is now off but car still wont start.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: 06 Lr3... Its in Park and I don't think so. I've been able to turn it on for a while this way and today it stopped
JA: Are you fixing your LR3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My son actually has it now, barrowing for a road trip and is stuck out of town.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it, I think it's anti theft system or something in that line'
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

There looks to be failure of an anti theft system component like the transceiver that reads the key code or this key got damaged. He will need to tow it to a dealer or see if a local locksmith can come to him and attempt to get 2 new keys programmed to the vehicle.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris