Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

I have to take the water pump out of a 92 Pajero 3lt to

Customer Question

Hello there, my name is Bill. I have to take the water pump out of a 92 Pajero 3lt to replace it. Am wondering if it is behind the fan and do I have to take all the other pulleys off and cover off to remove the water pump?
JA: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: The vehicle hasn't overheated and it was serviced last week. Fluid is dripping out of the pump area.
JA: Are you fixing your Pajero yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am fixing it myself, Just got the shroud and fan blades off.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just the original questions i asked firstly, thanks
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Todd M replied 16 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I you can just give me a few minutes and I will have the information you requested.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
okay
Expert:  Todd M replied 16 days ago.

If you have the 3.0l engine then your vehicle will require the removal of all the pulleys and you will have to remove the timing belt and sprocket. I will send you a diagram shortly

Expert:  Todd M replied 16 days ago.

Remove water pump in numbered sequence shown in Fig. 4, noting the following: 1. Drain cooling system. 2. Relieve fuel system as pressure as follows: a. Disconnect fuel pump electrical connections. b. Start engine and allow to runout of fuel. c. Attempt to start engine one or two times to release remaining fuel pressure. d. Connect fuel pump electrical connection and disconnect battery ground cable. 3. Remove timing belt and crankshaft sprocket. 4. Remove intake manifold as outlined. 5. Reverse procedure to install noting the following: a. Coat O-ring with water to ease installation. b. Tighten water pump attaching bolts to specifications.

Expert:  Todd M replied 16 days ago.

Here are the instructions for the removal of your water pump.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks a lot Todd, looks like toooo much work involved better take it to my mechanic. Thanks again for your time and effort.
Expert:  Todd M replied 16 days ago.

No, problem. If you have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...