Marvin the Mechanic
Marvin the Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mechanic for 36 years
32137885

My truck starts on its own! No remote start! No key! And

My truck starts on its own! No remote start! No key! And runs! 2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Are you the original owner of the vehicle? When the vehicle starts and runs by itself. Does the dash and radio light up and work without putting in the key?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No, just purchased 8/18/2016. Radio on runninglights on over cab, tail lights but not headlamps!
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
As we are out of town for a funeral, "walking me through it" can't be done at this time! If it's too much we will have to take to dealor! However did not want them running us through a bunch of things without some knowledge of what could be the problem! THANKYOU

You might want to contact onstar. The previous owner might of had onstar do a remote start.

The other thing is maybe some close to where you are has a remote that your vehicle picked up and started the vehicle.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
We live in a rural area and it was 11pm

That would rule out another remote. I would contact Onstar ask them if a remote start was requested.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
THANKYOU

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Where do I go to rate you?