Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes
10437779

I have a 2006 Range Rover sport 4.2 supercharged 127000miles

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Range Rover sport 4.2 supercharged 127000miles It presently needs a DM TL pump but my question is right now when you were driving it on the highway or any speed and just driving at a steady speed the truck seems to rev up and down slightly and your holding gas pedal steady Not sure if it needs a fuel filter or not still trying to locate it or if it is tied into DMTL pump. Truck keeps telling me gas cap is loose and throws the code for the pump
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

This is most likely not related to the DMTL pump. We may have a problem with the torque converter surging at steady cruising speeds 35-50 mph. This normally will not cause any fault codes. Another possibility is a dirty throttle. We can try cleaning the throttle bore and blade with some cleaner on a lint free cloth. Let me know.