EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Ford 02 7.3 oil cooler replacement what is best method,

Customer Question

ford 02 7.3 oil cooler replacement
what is best method, remove oil pump etc?
do i have to drain radiator or just the block
Category: Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.

Hi. To remove the oil cooler you need to drain the radiator and then remove the oil filter, the block heater, and then unbolt the 5 bolts for the cooler.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
leave front part of cooler on motor and pry rear off, or pull whole cooler?
remove any power steering pump etc??kind of dreading job, hope goes easy, doesn't look too bad

The p/s pump stays on. You need to remove the entire cooler, then you generally do need a press to get the caps on with the new o-rings. The job is real easy it is just getting the peices of the cooler back together is a pain.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok,
going to get started shortlythanks *****

Happy new year to you also. Your welcome. Also, after rating my assistance the chat remains open for any follow up questions if you have any more.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hey Eric
Another topic
02 f350 7.3 lariatShift on fly doesn't work
No power to relays under hood
No power at green/light geek wire feeding sof relays
Fuse box new
Fuses goodIf I power the green/light green wire to relays motor works relays work etc when turn switchI did replace main computer over summer PCM
I did replace trans alsoLast winter shift on fly worked fine
Not sure what happenedIt's been making me nuts
HELP

The dark green/light green wire, is from fuse 59 (30amp) in the interior fuse panel. If you have power at the fuse and not at the relay, then there is a problem in the fuse box or on the wire somewhere from the fuse box to the relay. If you cant find the break, you can overlay a new wire.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hey ericI have a new panel I installed yesterday because of the issue and still no power on green/light green wire or any wire to the relay location, no matter what position the switch is in
I put power to the green / light green at the plug that goes into the fuse box and the relays move etc.
Does this bypass the module??actually the module behind the glove box for the shift on fly, could that be the issue?
I understand it does a lot of things in truck as well

No it does not bypass the module. The dg/lg wire should have power on it all the time. Then the 4x4 module applies ground on the brown/white or orange light blue, to work the relays.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is the next step if there is no power to that green/light green out of panel?
old fuse box and new fuse box have same results ($450.00 later)
power is at the fuse when I pull fuse and probe it with test light

Trace the wire out of the fuse box to the relays. THe wire is probably broken. You can use an ohm meter and check for continuity of the wire from the fuse to the relay. If the wire is broke you can overlay your own wire.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i did put power to the green / light green where it exits the panel and everything worked so i know wire and everything else is good except power out of the panel
where to now???
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is there anything in the truck that switches power through the panel or something??let me throw in the power seats don't work either, both stopped working at same time
should i be chasing a ground???
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if you look at fuse panel the 2 power seats and the 4wd fuses are in an L shapeIs this all related, but not in panel since old and new panels have same problem

Nothing switches in the panel. Fuse 59 is hot all the time at the fuse box. Fuse 62 is for the power seats.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
in the plug to the fuse box with the green / light green is 2 other wires 1 constant hot, 1 hot with key on

You might need the wiring diagram for this. I can offer it to you through the website. But there is an additional fee for the creation and sending of the pdf files.

Let me know if you need any more help on this. Also please take a moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.