Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Tested my injectors using a noir light and #4 is constant

Customer Question

Tested my injectors using a noir light and #4 is constant and dim, #6 is constant and very bright. What might cause this problem ?
Submitted: 1 month ago via ChiltonDIY.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This is a short in either the injector wiring harness or the computer needing replaced.One other issue is if one of the injectors is shorted internally it can back feed and cause this here.Try unplugging each injector one at a time and see if the constant signals go away.If they do when one is unplugged then the affected injector needs replaced.If they do not then the fault is in the wiring harness or engine computer.Trace the harness looking for any shorts or damage needing repaired or replaced.If the harness looks o.k. then the engine computer needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete