Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

I need a help changing a timing chain on 2010 Toyota

I need a help changing a timing chain on 2010 Toyota corolla. I need the shop manual or instructions on how to mark the chain when removing and installing.
JA: How many miles on the car? How responsive has your car been lately?
Customer: 150K and Car runs and drives fine. I have a check engine light on and according to the code, it says it might have a "stretched timing chain"
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I am planning on doing this myself and i haven't tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No,

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # to get the repair information for you !!

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
here is the vin: 1NXBU4EE4AZ193526

ok give me a few to get that info and will get back!!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. thanks and take your time.

ok please look at the pdf. it is the installation procedure but if you go to the last page and work backwards will get you what you need to do!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang