Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I am trying to learn how to do a system reset on an aston

Customer Question

I am trying to learn how to do a system reset on an aston martin db9. I just reset the battery and every single light is not blinking
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: its pretty much all of them. It also says the car is operating is crash mode
JA: What year is your DB9?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your DB9 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the battery but thats all
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 13 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.The scan tool may need to just clear out codes to reset it as a battery disconnect usually will not reset the system.In some cases this can require a dealer scan tool/computer to perform a system reset as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is there a reset that I can do to get the car out of "crash mode"?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is there a reset process that I can do on my own to get the car out of crash mode?