Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

Some times after short run will crank but not start then

Customer Question

Hi . some times after short run will crank but not start then wait 1 hour and will start
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: Is a diesel
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Ssangyong Rexton 2005 270ltd
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Has been on mechanics computer with no faults re starting
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes twice yesterday the engine stopped whilst driving
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris replied 10 days ago.

Hello , my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today . this type of stalling is usually caused by a failing camshaft position sensor , or a failing crankshaft position sensor , or a failing PCM . I am pretty sure that this is a failing PCM . I say this because you said that 1 you have to wait an hour before it will start , and 2 you said that there are no trouble codes. If the camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor were bad, you should have a code for them. Since you do not, I am pretty sure that this is a problem with the PCM and that you should replace it. By the way , the PCM is the vehicle's engine computer. Ask your mechanic to check that and consider replacing the PCM

I hope that this information is helpful and if so , would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system ? I would really appreciate it . I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me

Thank you !

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 8 days ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Please let me know if you did or did not. I can always send it again.

Chris