sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Parts application question. I need to find a used

Customer Question

Hi parts application question. I need to find a used clockspring someplace and I need to know on what other models a clockspring for an '05 Murano would fit. I look up websites and I get conflicting info thanks. Please cite your source
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron replied 12 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 12 days ago.

Why are you wanting a used clock spring? If there not removed properly they are damaged and usually can not be used.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'll have a mechanic remove it he should know how
Expert:  Ron replied 12 days ago.

The part number for your 2005 is the same part number from 2003 through 2007. See the link below.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,2005,murano,3.5l+v6,1431971,interior,air+bag+clockspring,10480?a=Referer+www.google.com+URL+%2F

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That's just for Standard Motor Products. There are other models it can fit besides the Versa, can you relist the question thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 12 days ago.

Yes your right but that also means the Nissan part is also the same clock spring of the 2003 through 2007.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Maybe I expressed myself wrong I'd like to know all models that the part could fit on so can you relist
Expert:  Ron replied 12 days ago.

I sent you all modes that will fit, there are the 2003 to 2007 Murano and the 2007 to 2012 Versa. No others will fit.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can you relist the question please
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

As mentioned above the same clockspring will fit 2003-2007 Murano and 2007-2012 Versa, only. Part interchangeability between vehicles isn't dependent on vendor.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That I knew. Where did you get the info about Murano and Versa only can you post the link thanks

The original expert gave the link showing applications.

Click here

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I knew that. Can you do some research so that I have all models that interchange I just got that the Z also would be a match : http://www.opticatonline.com/part/standard-ignition-cbs-1963-air-bag-clockspring

I'm uncertain why your'e trying to determine this on your own? Any junkyard uses the Hollander Exchange which assigns it's own part number to interchangeable parts and it would automatically tell them their stock and what vehicles it was in. All you'd need to do is ask for a clockspring for the vehicle you're working on. Used airbag components aren't recommended in any event.