Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

The seepdometer no working, no lights on dash and fuse, yes,

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** seepdometer no working, no lights on dash and blown fuse
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes, y replaced and still blown fuse
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 1999 isuzu rodeo, 6 cyl. manual transmission
JA: Are you fixing your Rodeo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: there is a divise on the right from of the engine conected por a single wire coming from the speedometer on the dash
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I lived at ecuador and it is very hard to find parts and some time we had to wait long time before we get de part and some time the wrong one and there is not money back.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 12 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The issue here may all be related to the fuse shorting out here.If you can, trace and inspect the wiring that runs from the fuse and see if any shorts are found in the wiring itself needing repaired or replaced.If any issues are found with the wiring this will need to be repaired to resolve this fault here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete