Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

My Toyota Avensis 2.0 d4d got a bad fill of diesel" full of

Hi my Toyota Avensis 2.0 d4d got a bad fill of diesel " full of water" and stoped . The next day I drain fuel and put on new filter but car started but won't rev up, it showing fault code p0093, my local Toyota dealer said it was injectors so I got them tested but they were fine, put them back in but car still the same! Don't no wat to do next!
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Ye same as usual but won't rev up its like it in safe mode
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: Avensis t4 2009
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No it at a machanic but he can't come to the bottom of it ! He has drained fuel, put on new filter and removed injectors for testing and has put them back in again
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No sure

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your opinions to my questions so I can help you better. That sounds bad when this happens , be fore you get a chance to clean things out unfortunately crap gets into other parts. such as pumps and injectors. If a faulty injector sticks in the open postion then the fuel rail will not be able to maintain pressure - hence the ECU thinks there is a fuel link. It may be possible to have the injectors cleaned and tested or repaired at much less cost than replacing them. I suggest you contact a diesel specialist for further advice as very few garages will have the necessary equipment or skills for this type of work. Ideally it is best to ensure all injectors are either replaced or refurbished at the same time as over time injectors tend to deteriorate and if one is better than the other then the engine may run erratic or show up as a fault on the ECU. I wouldn't recommend driving the car necessarily as a constant leaking injector can wash the lube oil out of the cylinder leading to accelerated cylinder and piston wear. if you do remove the injectors PLEASE mark them up as 1,2,3,4 as they MUST go back in the same cylinder from where they came, also any replacements will need reprogramming.

the rail has pressure sensor that might give you a wrong signal due to either poor contact or contact dirty. You ve to be careful with this code P0093 -- your injectors are located under the cover and even this fuel leaf is in fact available confirmed by this pressure sensor -- you can't see this possible leak from fuel pipes connections under this cover and this diesl will be mixed with lube oil resulting viscosity drop. You should conside the above. Cheers/Igor

Hope this info helps your problem and I would follow up using a good moisture inhibitor in the tank to follow up as well

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanx it turned out to be the fuel rail, but after driving the car for a day it started going bad as if it was not getting enough fuel, I changed fuel filter again and it was perfect for about an hour and then same thing again! It is shaking and vibrating and no throttle response . It's not putting on any warning lights, I went and started it this morning again and it perfect but 10 mins later same thing!

STill staring for fuel it looks like Then I would do a couple of things. do a volume check and pressure check, so that when it stops you can physically see if it's pressure or volume related. Could be plugging up further back towards the tank even the pick up screen may be partially plugging .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanx Peter it going to my Toyota dealer in the morning il pass on that info!! Hope it sumthing simple! Thanx again
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Peter Toyota dealer said it was injector number 3 leaking, so we changed that car perfect for about an hours driving and started to shudder again, so came home and left it for few hours went back and started it again and it was perfect but started shuddering again in about an hour or so driving again. Every time u leave the car it's fine until you drive it for a bit.

Obvious they didn't fix it so did you try any additive s in the tank and do those tests I mentioned?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I didn't use any additive cause when they said it was leaking injector I thought that would be it! Checked pick up screen and it fine! Could it be more injectors? I did get them all tested and they wer fine.